Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Daily Express - Inside Page Analysis

Sinead Hernen and family in Daily Express. Click here to see full-size articleHere is an image of the inside pages of an article inside The Daily Express. This image doesn't show an idea of the entire sort of page I will be creating in my own publication, rather just a small idea of how I might plan to layout my articles with the appropriate text and photographs. This is an example of an article where a large photograph of the people featured in the article is shown in the centre, with two vertical columns are placed either side of the image. By locating the text in this style 'surrounding' the three people, the pages clearly show which sections of the article relate to which image. 
Different sizing of text is used to show quotes of what the people have said and I think this is an effective way of portraying their own opinions throughout the article, without making it difficult for the readers to understand. There is also bold pieces of text used to create the same effect. 
On these pages in particular, a colour photograph is used to show the supposedly 'happy family' idea portrayed through the story. In my own work I will also use colour photography to help my pages stand out and attract my target demographic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment