Wednesday 15 August 2012

Audience Research - Pie Charts


On this pie chart, the number of people who like reading free local newspapers and bought national newspapers seem to be pretty much equal. Seeing as though my task is to create a local newspaper, I'm going to create a free local newspaper based on this result. 
Judging by this pie chart that I created based on the results of the people I asked,  almost 75% of people thought newspapers worked best with colour photographs; therefore I shall be using colour photography in my own publication. Some of the reasons for this being the images will be more eye catching, and will allow the front page to potentially stand out on the shelves. 
 The majority of people I asked preferred reading The Post which is a good thing for my research because I had already decided to base a lot of my ideas and future planning on The Post as a newspaper. The Times is also another good one to look at based on this pie chart as it is a hit with my target audience. 
I asked my audience which kinds of adverts they are most likely to respond to and which they found appealing in the newspapers they tend to read. Local businesses was the top answer, which will be helpful when creating my own local newspaper. Competitions and charities were not as popular, but I may experiment with creating some smaller adverts of these kinds in the making of my publication anyway to experiment with my skills on photoshop and InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment